DL1608 Wireless Digital Mixer
The Mackie DL1608 redefined live mixing by combining the proven power of a full-featured digital mixer with the unmatched ease and mobility of devices you already own. Seamless wired to wireless mixing allows control from anywhere in the venue giving you the ultimate control over your mix.FIND A DEALER
TO MIX FROM ANYWHERE
Ideal for bands, rental house and production/installations, the DL1608 provides the mobile freedom to wirelessly control the mix and powerful plug-in processing. With boutique-quality Onyx™ mic preamps and the performance of 24-bit Cirrus Logic® AD/DA converters, you have unparalleled sound quality. The Master Fader control app, the heart of your DL mixer, even supports up to 20 wireless devices. Forget bulky consoles and racks of gear. The power is at your fingertips.
Did you purchase a DL1608 on or after September 12, 2019? Get your free Avid® software here
Want to give Master Fader a spin before you buy? Download any version of the app for free
Powerful digital mixing with professional processing, routing and wireless control.
THE MOST INTUITIVE CONTROL APP EVER
The Master Fader control app is where everything happens. With ultra-fast navigation to all functions, Master Fader's speedy workflow is second to none. Plus, you can customize the work surface for your specfic application with view groups and access limiting to only show the controls you need. Powerful processing includes total control over all inputs and outputs, ensuring you can create a fantastic sounding mix easily.
Each and every channel features a choice of powerful plug-ins and effects to dial in the perfect sound for whatever you’ve got plugged in.
- 4-band PEQ + HPF
- Tons of reverbs and delays plus chorus, flanger, and more
- Choice of modern/vintage plug-ins
Each output on a DL1608 has its own processing perfect for dialing in and tuning the connected speaker our other device.
- 4-Band PEQ + HPF/LPF
- 31-band GEQ
- Up to 350ms alignment delay
INTEGRATED AND SELF-CONTAINED
Dock your iPad into DL1608 for an all-in-one desktop mixing solution with added features and security. Docking allows easy recording and mixing right to the iPad and seamless playback from any iPad app. Plus, you can always be sure your iPad is charged and safe using the included PadLock to keep things where they are.
Pro Tools® | First and Waveform™ OEM Software Included
Great hardware needs great software. With every DL Series mixer, you get not one, but two award-winning DAWs plus massive plug-in bundles.
The Heart of Your Mix
Master Fader is the main user interface for your DL Series mixer. Rather than knobs, faders and buttons on a large piece of hardware, you get powerful mixing tools on your tablet, Mac, or PC and at up to 20 different devices simultaneously. The intuitive design of the Master Fader app makes managing your mix, large or small, easy and efficient. Organize your channels with view and mute groups, utilize subgroups with full bus processing, control levels of channel groups simply with VCAs, and even lock out devices from specific capabilities within the app. And when you get a mix you like, you can save it all into a snapshot.
From EQ to compression, every bit of signal processing is implemented with the highest quality possible maintaining the fidelity of each source. Every channel and output bus gets it's own dedicated processing.
The 4-band parametric EQ on each channel and output features a dedicated high-pass filter, modern and vintage modes, and built-in RTA for maximum versatility and detailed analysis of each source. The clear UI makes it easy to make adjustments, view settings, and choose presets.
Each FX processor features tons of studio-quality reverbs and delays plus effects like chorus, tremolo, flanger, and sweep filter. Fine tune each effect with advanced parameters and EQ.
Complete wireless control via iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows devices means you can mix from anywhere in the venue on up to 20 devices. Wireless control also means you can put the mixer itself where it makes the most sense for application.
Powerful capability and flexibility that you can take anywhere
16-Channel Digital Mixer
- 16 Onyx™ mic preamps
- 8 balanced outputs
- High-end Cirrus Logic® converters
- Ultra low-noise, high-headroom design
- Rugged, compact desktop design with iPad® dock
- Rackmountable with optional kit
Flexible Wireless or Docked Control
- Mix wirelessly from anywhere in the venue
- Unmatched wireless control over mix
- Supports up to 20 devices at once
- Personal monitor mixing
- Dock your iPad for added features and security
- Creates and integrated, self-contained desktop mixer
- Total control over assignable 2-channel recordings for immediate playback and easy exporting
- Playback music from any iPad app and incorporate into the mix
- Always keep your iPad charged
- PadLock™ feature locks down iPad for security
- Industry standard Kensington lock secures mixer
- Dock compatible with iPad (2017), iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, and iPad (4th generation)
- Optional tray kits available to fit iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2 and iPad mini
Master Fader Control App
- Proven, intuitive workflow that's customizable for your application
- Create view groups and see only the channels you need
- Unique access limiting locks out controls you aren't using
- Export presets, shows and complete system backups
- Quick setup with tons of factory and user-definable presets
- Complete offline operation saves setup time at gig
- Available on iOS, Android™, macOS®, and Windows®
Professional, Comprehensive DSP
- Packed with more DSP processing than any other compact mixer
- 18 input channels with 4-band PEQ + HPF, gate, compression and RTA/Spectrograph
- 16 stereo-linkable input channels
- 2 stereo-linkable iPad return channels*
- 12 output busses with 4-band PEQ + HPF/LPF, 31-band GEQ, comp/limiter, alignment delay and RTA/Spectrograph
- 6 stereo-linkable aux sends
- 4 stereo-linkable subgroups*
- Main L/R busses
- 4 VCAs and 4 mute groups
- 2 stereo FX processors with dedicated sends and returns
- Choice of powerful, touch-sensitive modern and vintage plug-ins
Record and Produce Like a Pro
- Pro Tools® | First and Waveform™ OEM professional software and plugin packages included
- The Musician Collection for ProTools | First includes 23 plugins like BBD Delay, Eleven Lite, 304E EQ, and 304C Compressor
- The DAW Essentials™ Bundle for Waveform OEM includes 16 powerful plugins like Equaliser, Compressor, Reverber8, and Limiter
DL1608 is compatible with iOS 11 or later, Android OS 6 or later, macOS 10.12 or later, and Windows 10 or later when using the latest Master Fader 5.x software
*iPad return channels and subgroups feature PEQ and compression.
Wi-Fi router required for wireless operation. Wi-Fi router and control device not included.
|DIRECT TO DRIVE RECORDING||
DANTE I/O AVAILABLE
SPECS & DOWNLOADS
App Reference Guide
App Release Notes
Link to Download
Additional Support Resources
DL mixers have a vareity of available accessories including rackmount kits and lots of iPad trays to ensure your DL mixer is always ready for the next show